Animal Crossing wins Nintendo Game of the Year at Golden Joysticks, here are all the winners
This year Gold Joystick Award the winners have now been announced and we have the full list of winners below.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons won the title of “Nintendo Game of the Year” which, we have to say, is absolutely deserved considering the impact it had in the world earlier in the year. . Nintendo hasn’t received as much love elsewhere, however, with PlayStation The Last of Us Part II winning a large number of awards.
Here is the full list:
The winners of the Golden Joystick Award 2020 are:
- Best Narration: The Last of Us Part II
- Best Multiplayer Game: Fall Guys
- Best Visual Design: The Last of Us Part II
- Best Game Expansion: No Man’s Sky: Origins
- Mobile Game of the Year: Lego Builder’s Journey
- Best Audio: The Last of Us Part II
- Best Indie Game: Hades
- Still Playing: Minecraft
- Studio of the Year: Naughty Dog
- Esports Game of the Year: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
- Best New Streamer / Broadcaster: iamBrandon
- Best Family Game: Fall Guys
- Best gaming community: Minecraft
- Best Performer: Sandra Saad (Critics’ Choice)
- Breakthrough Award: Among Us (Critics’ Choice)
- Hall of Fame: Team17 / Worms (Critics’ Choice)
- PC Game of the Year: Death Stranding
- Best gaming hardware: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080
- PlayStation Game of the Year: The Last of Us Part II
- Xbox Game of the Year: Ori and the Will of the Wisps
- Nintendo Game of the Year: Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Most Wanted Game: The Upcoming God of War Game
- Critics ‘Choice Award: Hades (Critics’ Choice)
- Ultimate Game of the Year: The Last of Us Part II
Over three million votes were cast to determine the winners in the 20 categories above. Daniel Dawkins, Director of Content, Games & Movies at GamesRadar +, shared the following:
âThank you to all the developers, publishers, artists and broadcasters who made this year’s virtual awards ceremony possible, by joining us from your home and offices around the world. We are truly touched by everyone who has worked so hard to create and release games in this tough year, and to everyone who rallied around the Golden Joystick Awards.
“Finally, a big thank you goes to the millions of game fans who played and then voted for their picks of the year. This year, more than ever, the games brought people together and provided much needed escape, empowerment and community. We celebrate the people who have been making games for 38 years, and it has never been more important to come together and recognize their achievements. “
Do you agree with the winners listed above? Would you have chosen other games instead? Please feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below.