The Nintendo Switch is now the best-selling Nintendo console of all time, surpassing the Wii
Nintendo has confirmed that the Nintendo Switch has now sold 103 million units, meaning it has overtaken the Nintendo Wii as the best-selling console of all time. It also now overtakes the PlayStation 1 which sold 102 million units. When it comes to consoles, it still has the PS4 (116.6 million) and PlayStation 2 (155 million) ahead of it.
The Nintendo Switch selling 103 million units is also significant as it is now the best-selling console to hit the 100 million mark of all time. When it comes to Nintendo handhelds, there’s quite a bit of catching up to do with the Game Boy / Game Boy Color collectively selling 118 million units and the Nintendo DS selling 154 million units.
When it comes to games, Nintendo has continued to kill it on the software front. Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl has already reached 14 million units, with Metroid Dread shipping 2.74 million units and Super Mario Party achieving 5.43 million unit sales. Ring Fit Adventure also reached 13.53 million units
Currently, the top selling Nintendo Switch games are as follows:
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 43.35 million
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 37.62 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 25.80 million
- Pokémon Sword/Shield – 23.90 million
- Super Mario Odyssey – 23.02 million
- Super Mario Party – 17.39 million
- Pokémon Let’s Go Pikachu/Eevee – 14.33 million
- Pokemon Shiny Diamond/Shiny Pearl – 13.97 Million
- Ring Fit Adventure – 13.53 million
- Luigi’s Mansion 3 – 11.04 million
You can find Nintendo’s latest results in full HERE.